what we believe
Our statement of Faith:
The wording may sound a little formal but this is intended and is necessary in order to clarify the overarching Christian truths that we hold on to and value.
We believe in…
- The one and only True God, eternally existent in three persons; God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The divine inspiration and consequent infallibility of the Scriptures (The Holy Bible) as absolute authority in all matters pertaining to Christian faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness of man, making him subject to God’s judgement.
- The substitutionary sacrifice of the Incarnate Son of God as the sole and all sufficient ground of redemption from guilt and power of sin, and from its eternal punishment.
- The Virgin birth and bodily resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and his ascension into Heaven where He is now seated at the right had of the Father.
- Salvation as the gift of God, brought to man by grace and received by personal repentance from sin and faith in Jesus Christ, baptism in water and baptism in the Holy Spirit.
- The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God the Holy Spirit who empowers and equips all believers as He wills with spiritual gifts and ministries for the building of the body of Christ.
- The priesthood of all believers, who form the universal church, the Body of which Christ is the Head and which is committed by His command to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world.
- The expectation of the personal, visible and bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory.
We are more than happy to explain these beliefs in more detail and to answer genuine questions about what they might mean to you.